The following is a brief synopsis of the general degree requirements; please see the MUII Student Handbook for complete details.
- Students must take courses listed in the core and concentration areas
- Students must pass a qualifying examination
- Students must present at least one institutional seminar annually
- Students are required to complete a comprehensive exam, which includes written and oral elements, within a specified timeframe
- Students must pass a comprehensive examination at least 7 months before their scheduled defense
- Students must submit and defend a dissertation describing the results of successful and original research in one of the branches of informatics
- Students must have at least one journal paper published/accepted and at least another one submitted before the scheduled defense from an approved list of informatics related journals