Missouri Informatics Symposium 2015
April 27-28, 2015
Presented by MUII GSA
Bond Life Sciences Center and MU School of Medicine
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Call for Abstracts
2015 Missouri Informatics Symposium (MIS2015)
April 27-28 2015, Columbia, MO, USA
The Missouri Informatics Symposium organization committee is pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for a poster for the 3rd annual Missouri Informatics Symposium (MIS2015), which will take place on April 27-28 at the University of Missouri–Columbia. This year’s theme is "ONE HEALTH: Informatics in Medicine, Veterinary, and Plant Science". All submissions will be acknowledged on receipt.
Big data analytics for informatics applications, clinical informatics, personalized medicine and translational bioinformatics, next generation sequencing data analysis, bioinformatics, health informatics, nursing informatics, geoinformatics, statistics, quantitative research, qualitative research, mixed methods research, or innovative evidence-based projects are eligible for podium or poster presentation.
Residents, nurses, biologists, computer scientists, engineers, economists, informatics researchers, geographers, agriculture scientists, animal scientists, statisticians, and librarians-archivists can submit abstracts and deliver formal presentations in front of the MIS audience.
The MIS organization committee also encourages undergraduate students to participate in the Informatics Symposium with poster abstracts related to Informatics.
- Big Data Analytics for Informatics
- Translational Bioinformatics and Personalized Medicine
- Next Generation Sequencing Data Analytics
- Computational genomics, structure, function and system biology
- Clinical Informatics
- Geographic Informatics
Posters will be reviewed for scientific rigor and significance to Informatics and judged by a panel of judges from the Missouri Informatics Symposium Program Committees. Prizes will be awarded to the best entries/presentations. The judges will listen to a brief presentation and select the winning posters based on effectively demonstrating a principle that fits into the purpose of the symposium, quality and effectiveness of the presentation, and research impact. Graduate and undergraduate students as well as post-docs are eligible for the poster competition.
Student Travel Awards
- Undergraduate Student Travel Award
- Graduate Student Travel Award
- Symposium Comittee Chair: Lincoln Sheets MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair Industry: Tim Green, email@example.com
- Vice Chair Keynote: Yue Hao, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair Faculty: Sean Lander, email@example.com
- Vice Chair Posters: Matt Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair Web Design: Hongfei Cao, email@example.com
- Ben Merideth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair Finance: Huan Truong, email@example.com
Please submit a title with an abstract of 250 words through the online submission system (Easy Chair). Selected abstracts will be asked to give a 5-minute oral presentation as well as a poster presentation at the conference.
- Submission Deadline:
April 10, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance:
April 17, 2015
- Registration Deadline:
April 20, 2015
April 27-28, 2015